3D Detailing Academy – 4 Day Speed, Deluxe, & Paint Correction Course
3D DETAILING ACADEMY
4 Day Course, SPEED, DELUX & Paint Correction Detail – Summary
1. Philosophy; “Detailing Made Simple”
2. Detailing Combinations; descriptions, features and benefits
3. Equipment: High Speed buffers and Dual Action (DA) polishers
4. Pads: Wool, Micro fiber and foam; descriptions, features and benefits
5. Chemicals; compounds, polish, wax and sealants; features and benefits
6. Detailing accessories; microfiber, clay towel, pads & exterior/interior brushes
7. HD SPEED Detail (complete hands-on detail)
1. Vehicle inspection; determine any damage and paint evaluation
2. Set-up SPEED detail; caddies and supplies
3. Clean exterior with TOUCH waterless; “saving time = BIG advantage”
4. Interior SPEED detail; this is a “lite” interior cleaning
5. Exterior SPEED detail; this is “lite” paint correction, polish and wax
6. Self-inspection and clean-up
7. Final inspection
8. TIPS; save time and money
1. Review detailing combinations, vehicle inspection, correct use of compounds and pad selection with polishers. Correct polish and wax application.
2. Review detailing system.
3. Introduce the DELUX Detail add-on services; engine detail, detailing clay – bar, Nano towel and Nano disc. ODOR Eliminator, headlight restoration, Fabric Protector – Super Hydrophobic coating. Nitro Seal Sealant and protective coatings.
4. DELUX Detail; complete hands-on detail
1. Vehicle Inspection; identify damage, paint defects and determine correction
2. Set-up detail.
3. Detail engine and engine bay.
4. Clean exterior and then Clay paint to remove contaminates and headlight
5. DELUX interior detail, fabric and leather protectants.
6. Final touch and self-inspection.
7. Final inspection.
5. TIPS to save time and money
6. Questions and answers.
1. PAINT CORRECTION; identify different types of paint damage and imperfections and the appropriate paint correction combinations that should be used.
2. Review detailing combinations and detailing system.
3. Paint; types of paint – single stage or two stage, high or low impact colors.
4. Paint inspection; determine type of paint, paint damage and paint imperfections and determine the best paint correction combinations.
5. Sanding; types of sand paper, correct sanding techniques and demo.
6. Dry and wet sanding demo hoods with 1500P dry and 3000P wet sand paper.
7. Buff-out sanding marks with 3D Ultra Compound and Ultra Glaze, using rotary buffer and DA polisher, wool pad and correcting and finishing foam pads.
8. Review finish, define techniques and make adjustments for better results.
9. Dry and wet sand demo hoods again. Buff-out sanding marks using HD CUT compound and HD POLISH using rotary buffer and DA polisher, wool pads and correcting and finishing foam pads.
10.Dry sand demo hoods again with only 1500P. Buff-out sanding marks with 3D AAT #501 compound and #502 Polish using rotary buffer and DA polisher, wool and correcting and finishing foam pads.
11.Review paint correction, inspect finish; shine, depth and gloss – before and after.
12. TIPS to save time and money.
13.Questions and answers.
1. Review paint, types of damage and imperfections and appropriate paint correction combination needed. Review correct use of compounds, polishes and pad selection with rotary buffer or DA polishers.
2. Hands-on EXAM; students sand, buff & polish an entire vehicle. Identify paint type, analyze damage, imperfections and select appropriate paint correction combination.
Tape and protect trim, mirrors and windows.
Dry sand any damaged areas.
Wet sand the entire vehicle.
Buff-out sanding marks with rotary buffer and wool pad.
Remove swirls marks with rotary buffer and correcting foam pad.
Finish paint correction with DA polisher and finishing foam pad.
Apply SPEED, POXY or Nitro Seal paint protection to protect the paint.
Complete exterior detail.
3. Final inspection by other students and instructors.
4. Written EXAM to determine course comprehension and paint correction knowledge.
5. Questions and answers.
6. Paint Correction Certificates awarded.
Business Marketing Packet:
1. Business plan, marketing goals, budget and insurance coverage.
2. Marketing; create an online presence through social media.
3. Sales; 6 steps to successful selling.
4. Referrals; when you’ve done a great job, ask the customer for referrals.