3D Detailing Academy – Paint Correction Course
3D DETAILING ACADEMY
2 Day Course, PAINT CORRECTION – Summary
1. PAINT CORRECTION; identify different types of paint damage and imperfections and the appropriate paint correction combinations that should be used.
2. Review detailing combinations and detailing system.
3. Paint; types of paint – single stage or two stage, high or low impact colors.
4. Paint inspection; determine type of paint, paint damage & paint imperfections, and determine the best paint correction combinations.
5. Sanding; types of sand paper, correct sanding techniques and demo.
6. Dry and wet sanding demo hoods with 1500P dry and 3000P wet sand paper.
7. Buff-out sanding marks with 3D Ultra Compound and Ultra Glaze, using rotary buffer and DA polisher, wool pad and correcting and finishing foam pads.
8. Review finish, define techniques and make adjustments for better results.
9. Dry and wet sand demo hoods again. Buff-out sanding marks using HD CUT compound and HD POLISH using rotary buffer and DA polisher, wool pads and correcting and finishing foam pads.
10.Dry sand demo hoods again with only 1500P. Buff-out sanding marks with 3D AAT #501 compound and #502 Polish using rotary buffer and DA polisher, wool and correcting and finishing foam pads.
11.Review paint correction, inspect finish; shine, depth and gloss – before and after.
12. TIPS to save time and money.
13.Questions and answers.
1. Review paint, types of damage and imperfections and appropriate paint correction combination needed. Review correct use of compounds, polishes and pad selection with rotary buffer or DA polishers.
2. Hands-on EXAM; students sand, buff & polish an entire vehicle. Identify paint type, analyze damage, imperfections and select appropriate paint correction combination.
Tape and protect trim, mirrors and windows.
Dry sand any damaged areas.
Wet sand the entire vehicle.
Buff-out sanding marks with rotary buffer and wool pad.
Remove swirls marks with rotary buffer and correcting foam pad.
Finish paint correction with DA polisher and finishing foam pad.
Apply SPEED, POXY or Nitro Seal paint protection to protect the paint.
Complete exterior detail.
3. Final inspection by other students and instructors.
4. Written EXAM to determine course comprehension and paint correction knowledge.
5. Questions and answers.
6. Paint Correction Certificates awarded.
Business marketing packet included in DETAILING ACADEMY manual.